Sunday, November 8, 2009

Getting Started...What Is This Blog All About?

Last November, I stepped off a plane in Brussels, Belgium, for what I thought would be the path to the rest of my life, which of course revolved around a tall, dark and handsome mystery man. After six months, I realized how deep a mistake that life-changing event was.

Had that been the only major mistake I’ve made in my life, this blog would probably be focused solely on domestic violence. Unfortunately, in my human “I-know-what-I’m-doing” approach to disaster combined with the most bizarre luck on the planet, I have mistakes-a-plenty.

So, what is this blog all about? It’s partly a sounding board for the personal perspectives of a woman facing unique challenges in rebuilding her life. More than that, I hope that this medium will become a useful collection of resources on how to face challenges impacting many of us, from women’s issues to career development to dating mishaps.

Thank you for reading and interacting with this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment